WeatherLok...We've Got Green Locked Up
WeatherLok has made it a mission to provide you with energy-efficient, maintenance-free products that help to lower your energy bills. But that's just the beginning! From environmentally-sensitive manufacturing processes, to use of recycled content, the goal of WeatherLok is to produce high-performance windows that meet or exceed current energy-efficiency standards.
Saving You Energy & Money
- The warm-edge glass sealant systems insulate the window frame and edge of glass up to 50 percent better than roll-formed metal spacers and up to 90 percent better than aluminum spacer bars.
- Low-E glass includes up to three layers of a thin silver coating that allows ample visible light to pass through, while blocking infrared and ultraviolet radiant solar energy.
- The result: cooler rooms in summer and warmer rooms in winter.
- Insulating gas options, such as argon or krypton, increase the energy-savings by allowing you to heat and cool your home for less.
- The majority of WeatherLok's vinyl is compounded and extruded in-house, which allows us to reduce our waste and control our recycling efforts. We recycle our vinyl scrap to maximize yield and minimize the impact on local landfills.
- Our lead-free PVC vinyl is not petroleum-based, so its production requires no burning and generates no harmful gases.
- Reclaimed glass from external and internal sources makes up 24 to 28 percent of the raw materials used to produce our glass.
- Extended life cycles for many of our windows help save energy in America's homes.